SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#142612 - 04/02/05 07:19 PM First "Song" on the Fantom
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Heres quick (quickly made that is) alternating arpeggio accoustic guitar piece i made earlier today. Its not really what id normal make, but I just really liked the accoustic sound, and the alternating dynamics of the strum is IMO outstanding, I backed it up with some strings in the back, it adds a little bit more, and give it a much more tranquil sound. Kinda nice to listen too.
http://www.schnickelfritzmusic.com/stringsandguitar.mp3

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 04-02-2005).]

#142613 - 04/02/05 09:37 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
It sounds a little bit like you're able to make anything you dream of...hey, really not bad! The guitar sounds nearly like a real one and the strings sounds so transparent that I wish to hear some more instruments out of this little synth...really good ROMsamples...respect!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#142614 - 04/02/05 09:48 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Ohrenarzt Offline

What a shocking piece of crap.

#142615 - 04/02/05 10:00 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Pennywizz6 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ohrenarzt:
What a shocking piece of crap.

Excuse me? This is not suppose to be any sort of award winning piece. It is something I whipped up in literally 5 minutes to demonstrate the capabilities of this board by its sound and arpeggiator. Watch what you say...

Phil

#142616 - 04/02/05 10:17 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Ohrenarzt Offline

Then keep it to yourself. If you put it in public you have to live with the response.

#142617 - 04/02/05 10:25 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Pennywizz6 Offline

Well jusitify your opinions! If you say somethign totally sucks, why, what is your reason for making such crude comments? Thats how people learn, thats how people exspand their talent.

Phil

#142618 - 04/02/05 10:46 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Smurf Offline

Loc: Ohio
I sort of like it. They are some nice sounds.

Hey Ohrenarzt, got a link to any of your tunes?

#142619 - 04/02/05 10:50 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Ohrenarzt Offline

In brief: uninspired guitar fumbling without any concept, strings and guitar full of wrong notes, non-existing articulation.
The world is polluted with the results of such low ability. Just because you can make it available to the public does not mean you should do it. Practice in the privacy of your home first.
This posting has been brought to you by the
Better Music In This World Initiative

#142620 - 04/02/05 10:53 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"Well jusitify your opinions! If you say somethign totally sucks, why, what is your reason for making such crude comments? Thats how people learn, thats how people exspand their talent."

lol when someone ignores the fact you told them forthright you did something real quick, what could they justify. Past that nice enough arp...I for one am happy to hear something from you just days after you have gotten the board...can fill in the blanks that things will be enhanced as you work with the board more.

Anyhow...link to some of my random keyboard driven stuff.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=4453&alid=-1

Beyond all that...the only things I would do to the track you linked up. Make the guitar a bit less busy, give it a solid progression...add in a bass of some form, perhaps toss in some sustained chords ( with pads/organs/eps so on and the like ), then top it off with a melody that interacts kinda answer and call with the guitar picking/bass line/chords.

[This message has been edited by Alone&Forsaken (edited 04-02-2005).]

#142621 - 04/02/05 11:09 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Pennywizz6 Offline

Thanks for the suggestions A&F. I really liked some of the stuff on your site, especially shotgun. It sounds kinda like Metallica, is it all done on the board? or is there other live instruments?

I might continue and actually make a song out of the basis that a made earlier, but like I said its not my style, and dont typically play with any of that sort of sounds. But it is fun to play with no doubt, no matter how much it might suck . I do agree with you to some extent Ohrenarzt, but this is pure nothingness, a simple little sample, with really no intention but to demonstrate and has no real music involved.

Phil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online